The Tri-County Stamp covers the areas of Chenango, Delaware, and Otsego counties. The Sidney stamp collectors met at the office of Attorney W. H. Phelps in early September 1934 and organized the Sidney Stamp Club. The officers were Jack Haag, president; W. H. Phelps, vice president; and Benjamin Ellis, secretary and treasurer.
On January 7, 1947 the club was reorganized as the Tri-County Stamp Club and has been in operation ever since. The club joined the Federation of Central New York Philatelic Societies on May 23, 1949 and many club members have served as officers of the Federation since then.
The club is a member of the American Philatelic Society (Chapter 292). It was one of the five sponsors of CINCOPEX, a former annual exhibition that rotated among five clubs and held in the fall of the year. The other four clubs were: Chenango Valley of Hamilton, Community Club of Oneida-Sherill, Utica Stamp Club, and the Fort Stanwix Club of Rome.
We have various programs during the year, which usually include the following at some point during the year — some aspect of basic stamp collecting, presentations by club members about their specialty, show and tell where each member tells about some item from his or her collection. In January we participate in the Linn's Stamp Popularity poll and have quizzes. In the spring, usually March or April we have a Junior Night where the members of the Sidney School Stamp Club meet with us.